Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

make excel name to field

Hi everyone

I have multiple tables with the same filed names but for the different months, in fact my excel names are month and year names.

I want to convert excel name to a field month and year in qlikview.

Is it possible?

I would appreciate if anyone can help me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PrashantSangle

Hi,

FilebaseName gives you

Returns a string containing the name of the table file currently being read, without path or extension.

and filename() returns

Returns a string containing the name of the table file currently being read, without path but including the extension.

then use Subfield(),mid(),Month(),Year() as per requirement.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

use filename() or filebasename()

Regards

Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
PrashantSangle

Hi,

FilebaseName gives you

Returns a string containing the name of the table file currently being read, without path or extension.

and filename() returns

Returns a string containing the name of the table file currently being read, without path but including the extension.

then use Subfield(),mid(),Month(),Year() as per requirement.

Regards

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Data:

Load FileName()

From sample.qvd (qvd);

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this

LOAD