Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

new to qlikview from sql - quick help from you!

I am new to Qlikview, please help.

I have three tables, table A is the accounts table, table B is the org  table. Table c is the required org list(one column only).

what to achieve: The accounts table A has two types in it (pry & sec)  and need to join to Table B differently, i mean with two different conditions/columns, then restrict the whole final table by only the required org list(column a) in Table c.

since the join conditions for both types(pry & sec) in table A to table B are different,  I thought i should create two tables from table A for each of the types and join with the different join conditions, then merge back the two tables but I keep getting only one of the join right in the final table when i check the values.

Can you please suggest  the best way to do this, already done this in sql but still strguggling with it in qlikview:

Table A:

column b

column c

Table B:

column a

column b

column c

column d

Table C:

column a

For pry acct rule: table A column b = table B column b AND table A column c = table B column c

For sec acct: table A column c = table B column c

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

tablea:

load tableacolumnb,

tableacolumnc,

....;

left join (Tablea)

load  columnb as tablecolumnb,

columnc as tablecolumc,

columnd

resident tableb

where columna = 'pry;

left join (Tablea)

oad  columnb as tablecolumnb,

columnc as tablecolumc,

columnd

resident tableb

where columna = 'sec';

drop table Tableb;

rename field tablecolumnb to columnb;

rename field tablecolumnc to columnc;

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ramkumar, will try this solution out.