Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akina0929
Creator
Creator

not considering join date and relieve date?

HI good morning all,

I have calculated difference between two dates using following formula

date(Date(releavedate,'DD-MM-YYYY')-Date(joindate,'DD-MM-YYYY'),'DD') AS dtime

it's not considering  join date and  releave date it has to calculate that days also please help me

Thanking you,

8 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think what you are after is:

Interval(Date#(releavedate,'DD-MM-YYYY') - Date#(joindate,'DD-MM-YYYY'), 'DD') AS dtime

Date# is the function that interprets a string and returns a date value. Date(..., 'DD') formatting will return the day of the month. I assume you want the number of days, so use Interval instead of Date for the outer formattng function.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Why not simple Interval(releavedate-joindate,'DD') as dtime

And make sure to use the Date format environment should be your date format

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Akina0929
Creator
Creator
Author

HI Anil ,

It's also showing one day less please check the attached image. !

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you post the data on wall

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Akina0929
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Anil,

please check the attached image.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am expecting Data like below

Date1, Date2

01-02, 03-03

Kushal_Chawda

try this

releavedate - joindate+1 AS dtime

Akina0929
Creator
Creator
Author

HI anil,

I am sending example data please find.

Thanking you,