Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator

now() vairable - slow down refresh

hi all,

im using a now() vairable to try and imitate a live system however the refewsh rate of now() is causing performance issues, is there a way i can slow down the refresh rate? ideally to every 15 mins?

thanks

11 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not that I know of.

I think this performance impact is also documented in the manual / Help, without mentioning any setting to control the refresh.

samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

didnt think it was,

is there another solution whereby i make a filter based on the variable?

the problem is i have a few charts that all contain set analysis using the variable, this is slow however if i could make the select in a list box that will be reflected on all charts and be much quicker, im just not sure if thats possible./

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure I understand your setting. Could you upload a small sample QVW?

samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

sorry ive thought of the solution just not how to do it....

is it possible to run a macro every 15 minutes (scheduled) that filters on dimension 15_Time where the records are greater than variable vLastUpdate_Time?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I still don't understand.

Do you expect either your dimension field values or your variable to change inbetween?

Or why do you want to do the selection every 15 min?

samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

my variable is set to now()  which updates itself so by placing the variable into set analysis in any chart i am imitating a live system. this method gets quite slow so im looking to have a macro run every 15 mins (time intervals in my data) i can make a selection based on the now variable.

psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I am not sure I understand correctly, is it possible for you to load model application with the variable and expression. so that you can get a prompt answer here.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

And you are accessing the QVW using the desktop client or via browser / Ajax client?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Still not sure if I understand your setting,but from reading your above descriptions:

Create a variable v15Min

=Div(Minute(Now()),15)

Then create a variable OnChange trigger with a Selection - Select in field action to select in your list box.

This should still poll the time continuously, but only make selections once every 15 mins.

Note that using Now() may show issues when using the Ajax client.