Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

onselect field event trigger issue

i created a  onselect trigger on a customername field (fieldevent trigger) so that when a user selects a customer it should navigate to customer summary sheet. that works as expected. i am facing the issue in the below scenario.

1. when user opens the report we have a productA selected as default, even when user click on clear button it clears everything and selects this default product

2. now user selects a customer and navigates to the summary sheet because of the document field trigger

3. user navigates manually to any other sheet (ex: details) and unselects the default product, field event trigger getting activated and navigating to summary sheet. is this a bug or this is how field event trigger works ? is there any work around for this ?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Try something like this in your select summary sheet action:

if(GetSelectedCount(customername)>0,'SHxx')

where SHxx is the object id for your summary sheet.

Not applicable
Author

not sure i got your suggestion, you mean sheet trigger or sheet condition. my summary sheet contains many objects. field event trigger was written in a way if only one customer is selected it navigates user to the summary sheet. but not sure why unselecting some other filter activating the trigger.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Can you post an example qvw?

Not applicable
Author

unfortunately i can not upload anything at work.