Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

operator precedence in qlikview load script

Hi All,

I have requirement to eliminate some data based on  filter criteria in load script. for example while loading data using load script

Product: a, b, c, d, e

channel :hsp, mules, pharma

I need to load all data for all products and all type of channels till end of June for us. from July month I need load all data for all product ,and I need to exclude data that have product c, channel pharma from july.but I need to load the data product c wich have channel hsp and mules and all data till june.

I have written logic in where condition like below:

load * from

XXXX

where (country=us and (and channel <>'pharma' and date <'20170701' and mot match(product, 'c')))

by using above  expression it is excluding all data belongs to channel pharma, product c and not fetching any data for july irrespective of precedence.

I need to eliminate only data that satisfies the  3 filter criteria i.e product c, channel pharma whose dat is in july

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share few rows of data to test this out?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I would probably do it in multiple loads and concatenate them.

load *

from XXXX

where Country='US' and not match(Channel,'Pharma') and match(Product,'c') and Date>='20170701';

concatenate

load *

from XXXX

where Country='US' and match(Channel,'Pharma') and not match(Product,'c') and Date>='20170701';

concatenate

load *

from XXXX

where Country='US' and not match(Channel,'Pharma') and not match(Product,'c') and Date>='20170701';

concatenate

load *

from XXXX

where Country='US' and not match(Channel,'Pharma') and not match(Product,'c') and Date<'20170701';

concatenate

load *

from XXXX

where Country='US' and Date<'20170701';

To put it all in one you would probably need something like:

load *

from XXXX

where (Country='US' and not match(Channel,'Pharma') and match(Product,'c') and Date>='20170701') OR

(Country='US' and match(Channel,'Pharma') and not match(Product,'c') and Date>='20170701') OR

(Country='US' and not match(Channel,'Pharma') and not match(Product,'c') and Date>='20170701') OR

(Country='US' and not match(Channel,'Pharma') and not match(Product,'c') and Date<'20170701');

;