Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

partial reload, QVD..problem with select statement

Hi

I have got 'Employee' table in MS Access database. It does not have any last modification time column.
Now I need to upload and the refresh this table regularly in qlikview. There will be only inserts and updates on the table.

for partial upload this statement:

add only select [Employee ID]
FROM EMPLOYEES where not exists([Employee ID]);

is not working as it says it is a syntax error. In the userguide, 'add only' example is only for LOAD but not for SELECT statement.
So can someone give me working example of 'add only' for SELECT for partial reload.
Another question is, this will not work for updates. So I have two options:
1. Use qvd file. But there is no last update time column.
2. Do full reload each time.
Please guide on how to use partial reload. And issue with qvd file.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

add only will not work you need to do an Add Load xxxx from xxxx.

Or a Replace Load xxx from xxx to make it work.

If you don't have a date field, it will be hard to take in consideration the updates.

Sometimes it takes more taime to handle when there is no modification date. I would advise you to test a partial reload by reloading everything just for this table by writing Replace lod * FROM Employee...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply.

It means that in this case partial upload is of no use as it will drop the table and redo again.

Is there anyway to use "add only" in select statement?

Not applicable
Author

Yep you use Add function instead of replace:

ADD LOAD xxxx FROM xxxxx;

This will add the records you take from a table into the existing one during partial reload.

Rgds,

Sébastien