Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

partial reload clears my variable values

Hi everyone,

In my load statement there are some variables wihich are calculated while loading. These variables are used in macros and in some tables during the reload period. I also use these varizbles in some expressions of my charts.

The syntax is like Let $variable = date(peek('Date',0,MyTable),'DD.MM.YYYY')

I am also trying to use "replace relod" statement in my project. There is no problem in replacing the tables. But the variables that are calculated in reload period are cleared. I can still see the variables in variable overview, but they have no value.

Shortly, I receive my values of the variables after reload, but the values are cleared after partial reload.

If anyone has idea to overcome this, I will be grateful.

Best Regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your kind replies.

I have found another alternative solution.

All variables are calculated with respect to some tables.

I have changed the "Load" statements to "Replace Load" statement for those tables.

It seems to work well.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Well I am aware of this issue if we do a open without data for version control or any other use, however Partial reload still worked for me, unless I selected like really 1000 rows of data. Can you increase the number of rows you are loading and check if that makes any difference, as thats what helped me in the past.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

you can use that function is your script to make sure something is happening.

if IsPartialReload() = true()

then you can do the set of your variables.

hope that helps.

Philippe

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your kind replies.

I have found another alternative solution.

All variables are calculated with respect to some tables.

I have changed the "Load" statements to "Replace Load" statement for those tables.

It seems to work well.

Best Regards