Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

percentage into top values

Hi Everyone ,

My requirement is user will input the percentage value in the input box ,,and based on it i need to get the number of top product whose total percentage sale falls within that range

eg:

if i enter 70%, i need to get how many top product interms of percentage fall within 70%

like product a -40 b-30 c-20 d-10 so answer should be 2 since a and b whose sum is 70 and falls within 70

6 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

It's not very clear what you're asking. Please provide an example data table and desired output so we can help further.

Not applicable
Author

Untitled.png

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Please provide example input values and the results you think you should get - at least 3 examples.

Not applicable
Author

2.png3.png4.png

Hi Jason,

Thanks for attempting to solve my strange requirement ....i have almost given up attempting to solve this problem ..

you see when i enter 2 ,the no.of bars in the graph gets equal to top 2 and var2 becomes equal to 51.85% . that means combined sales for top 2 years i.e.of year 2009 and 2012 becomes equal to 51.85%

when i enter 3, the no of bars gets equal to 3 and var2 equals to 71.3%, which means combined sales of top 3 years interms of sales i.e. year 2009, 2012 and 2010 becomes equal to 71.3%.... similar story goes on for 4 and 5 ... this works well no issues

problem is ,,, i  need to provide another  facility to users ,,, wherein users would be entering the %value and corresponding no of bars would be visible in another input box and graph would be visible ... its exactly vice versa of what i have implemented.

reply back to me incase of any doubts

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry for the delay in getting to this today.

You're very nearly there already!  Your only mistake is not setting contraints on the input for Var2 to ensure it is always a number between 0 and 1 (0-100%).  If you set Var2 to be .3 or .5 etc it works already!

Hope this helps,

Jason

PS - I'm still on v10 at work and have not used v11 much.  I would have no idea how to claculate this without using dimension limits sao I've learnt something here!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

But problem is when i enter 100%in var2 , i need the value in var1 to be 5 ,when i enter 80% in var2 value of var1 should be 4, when 70% in var2  value of var1 should be 3..

this thing looks very difficult to implement