Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

problem in table

Hello

I am working with a straight table which has a column of sum of sales. Now the requirement is to add a column sum(sales) with condition on another column which is Revenue.so it should be sum(sales) if rev>0.

I added both the columns but both were giving the same result, which I thought was fine, but for a particular bill that was not true so  I added the dimension 'bill' to the table and chose the option sum of rows on conditional sum of sales column. That gives the perfect answer to the solution.  BUT the problem is neither I can have dimension 'bill' in my table nor the straight table. and if i remove the dimension bill it gives the same sum of sales for both columns.

So is this possible that adding a dimension can alter the result of expression. how to deal with this. please help

Thanks in advance

6 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

May be try with aggregation, like

=aggr (sum (sales),bill)

Not applicable
Author

I tried this, but for this I willl have to add bill as dimension in my table, which is not required

Not applicable
Author

Can you please share sample QVW for reference or at least temp data?

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

May be this...

=Sum({<rev={">0"}>} Sales)

Not applicable
Author

yes I tried this but when I add dimension bill to this table it alter the result. then it shows different sum

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Can you share the sample?