Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

qlikview grand total of particular date

I've been searching for an answer for this but I'm coming up blank, it doesn't seem too complex so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

attached is a file with a chart, in the chart are 2 dates, each has information. I have one date selected, with one piece of information, which totals 5 IDs for that thing. There are a total of 7 IDs for that date, and that's what I want.

I have 2 text boxes where I've been trying TOTAL, ALL, {1} but it still just reads 5 instead of 7.

Please help.

NOTE: one box should read 5 (number of items selected for that date) and the other should read 7 (total number of items for that date).

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

=Count({<thisDate>}distinct ID)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Ultimately that counts all IDs over both dates. Clear everything and see the 7-17 date, which has 4 records total.

If you select 'that' as one of the items, one number changes to 2 (number of items selected) and the other remains 7 because that's how many "that"s there are throughout both dates.

In that instance it should be 2 for the selected, and 4 for how many are total of that date.

sunny_talwar

Try this

=Count({<thing>}distinct ID)

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Try this

=count({< [thisDate] = {"$(=Date(Max([thisDate]), 'YYYY-MM-DD'))"},thing>}distinct ID)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok that's starting to make sense to me, but how about if I try to get a percentage of the total by dividing the count by the =count({<thing>}distinct ID) in the chart? I just get 100% even when the boxes have clearly different numbers

edit: initially posted wrong qvw, updated to "datetrial2"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok that's starting to make sense to me, but how about if I try to get a percentage of the total by dividing the count by the =count({<thing>}distinct ID) in the chart? I just get 100% even when the boxes have clearly different numbers

sunny_talwar

Either use this as your expression

Count (DISTINCT ID) /

count(TOTAL {<thing>}distinct ID)

or remove thing as your dimension