Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qlikview map coordinates

hi,

I am taking an India map as a background of 3d chart , I want to know the sale of cities of india , as user mouse over on the city area.

How to set the coordinates for cities without using google map

9 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Use a scatter chart with X and Y coordinate values either hardcoded to match the map or calculated from latitude and longitude of the cities and of the visible area of the map and the type of projection used for the map. Use sum(Sales) for the Z expression. Mouse over the dot on top of the city to see the sales to the city.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about using a map of China. Obviously the latitude and longitude are fake, but it should give you the idea.

Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

I would like to learn the basics of including a google map in my qlikview dashboard.

Kindly help me with this.

vikasmahajan

Dear John ,

Can you share Examples for INDIA (statewise)

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
vikasmahajan

Can you give IDEA for INDIA State wise

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
Lee_Matthews
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sircute

Its easy to just copy and paste code from an existing application. As long as you have the latitude and longitude data in your application, and as long as you name the fields exactly the same as the application you are copying, it should just work. Attached is a starting point for you.

- Ensure you have the lat & long fields in your data model and that they are named exactly the same

- Copy all of the code from the maps tab in the load script

- Copy and paste the chart objects onto your application

vikasmahajan

Thanks  A Lot  I will try get back you.

vikasmahajan

Thanks  A Lot  I will try get back you.

Not applicable
Author

Hi John and lee -

First of all your answers were awesome and professional. Thanks for that.

Besides, I would like to ask a couple of questions that can help me create my own map:

1. where can i find a web based map that can give me global long & lati data, i.e., a map where I can type in an address (or point at one for that matter) and get its long. & lati. data?
  2. Is there an option to actively move the map with the mouse? lets say i have selected an area, so that now the map is in zoom in mode - now I would like to move the map (in the same zoom in level) to a selected direction - is there a way to do so(just like in googlemaps) ?

Thanks again!

Lee_Matthews
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Evya

Regarding point 1: I don’t know of such a data set. There is a way to call the google API to get lat & long back from an address, which is done in the load script. I have not done this before though, so I don’t have the code. Note that the google API will probably impose some restriction on the number of times you can do that without a licence.

Regarding point 2: You cant do that with the approach of creating your mapping chart using a simple scatter chart and a google image background. Perhaps with a 3rd party add-on you could. There are several available and they typically use an extension object which would have extra functionality specific to mapping.