Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qlikview memory

hi

i have 10 GB data into database, how much ram require in qlikview . how to cal it.

3 Replies
agilos_mla
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Assuming the data in database is 10 Gb (excluding indexes, services...), you can reasonnably compute the RAM needed by QV like this :

- Compression between Database / QVD = 10 (average ration depending mainly on the number of distinct values in the largest fact tables,

- RAM for 1st user in QV will be = 1 Gb , then 5-10% by each addtional user  then 10 user = 2 Gb RAM

- Note there is also compression (ratio = 4) at qvw = 1 Gb / 4 = 250 Mb on disk.

Michael

Not applicable
Author

To better understand how QlikView uses the memory, I recommend to have a look at some white papers like http://www.qlik.com/es/explore/resources/whitepapers/qlikview-scalability-overview or QlikView Architecture and System Resource Usage Tech Brief.

Not applicable
Author

RDBMS: 50 Go

QVW : 5 Go (estimated ratio 1/10)

RAM: 8 x QVW : 40 Go (or 80% of the RDBMS) for 1st user

For each concurrent user: QVW : 5 Go ( a little more for the 1st users because the cache is shared among users, so it means that the more users, the more cache can be shared)

In other words: Estimated RAM = 80% of the RDBMS + Nb concurrent users * 10% of the db

If you plan to get 30 concurrent users, I will estimate the RAM to : 40 Go + 30*5 Go = 190 Go

If you plan to get a cluster, you will need to multiply the first number (40 Go): the cache is not shared across servers

Fabrice