Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Field not found" is prompted when joining tables

Hi,

I'm new to QlikView. When I tried to join 2 tables using the following script, it prompted "Field <agent_id> not found" when I debug it. The field "agent_id" exist in both table_1 and table_2. Can you please let me know what's wrong with the following script? Thanks.

Table_A:

LOAD

agent_id as AgentNO

;

SQL

rownum <= 10;

Join

(Table_A)

select * from table_1

where

LOAD

agent_id

as AgentNO;

SQL

select * from table_2;

4 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Have you truncated your script? What does the "SQL" stand for? Usual syntax would be

Table_A: LOAD agent_id AS AgentNO; SQL SELECT * FROM YourSQL_Table;
JOIN (Table_A) LOAD agent_id AS AgentNO; SQL SELECT * FROM AnotherSQL_Table;

Actually if you have same naming of the fields, you do not need to JOIN, QlikView will automatically add the second table to the first one.

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your quick reply. The "SQL" is just to identify the following script is a SQL statement (I guess it's optional to write it or not).

As there are some other fields having the same name in these 2 tables (e.g. last_modified_date, last_modified_by etc) which should not be used for joining. Hence, I'd like to join them using a specific field - <agent_id>. Would you please tell me how should I make it work? Many thanks.

Regards,

Lewis

Not applicable
Author

Had this issue as well. You need to add the fully qualified name to get the joins done in SQL e.g.

LOAD FieldA;

SQL SELECT "dbname".dbo."tablename".FieldA as FieldA

FROM "dbname".dbo."tablename1"

JOIN "dbname".dbo."tablename2"

ON "dbname".dbo."tablename1".FieldA = "dbname".dbo."tablename2".FieldA

Hope this helps.

Mike

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

It works. Thanks for your solution.

Lewis