Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

rankings in a text box and straight table

Hi

Hope you are well.

I have a straight table which ranks each company based on the proportion of their new recruits that are female.

I have 3 list boxes - Year, Month, Division.

company

proportion female

ranking

x

75%

y

85%

z

90%

Firstly, this is the code I use to rank the companies:

=rank(num(Count({<Gender={'Female'}>}newkey))/Count(newkey),'#,##0.0%')

I have 2 questions:

First question:

The rankings are correctly ordered when changing the year or months. However, when selecting a specific company, let's say x, the ranking reverts to 1 (but overall it is ranked 3). I am aware of the $ , 1-$ and 1. However, if I use {1}, it will then ignore any selections I make with ALL the list boxes. I want it to respect the Year and Month list boxes but still be able to give me the company ranking when it is selected.

Second question:

Let us assume I selected the year 2015 and the month as July. Let us assume, to keep things simple, that the ranking for company Y was 2 (like the straight table).

I’d like to write a code but in a text box that will bring back 2 if I select that specific company (Y) from the list box or straight table.

Assuming I selected the year 2015, month, July, and the company Y was ranked 2 in the straight table, I’d like to write a code in a text box which will tell me that the ranking of the company is 2. If I select the company, the text box must not revert to 1 either. It must keep the ranking (2) in this case.

I’m struggling to do this ranking in a text box. Please can you help?

Kind regards

D

20 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I think the Qlikview version has something to do with it. I've got an older version at home than at work.

Your expressions work in a pivot table but not the straight table (Qlikview version 11.20)

However, at home, the same expressions work in a straight table (not at home now so not sure what version but it's an older one).

Also your expressions work in the text box, regardless of version.

Thanks so much

sunny_talwar

Try this in the straight table also:

=Aggr(Rank(Count({<Gender={'Female'}, Company>} newkey)/Count({<Company>}newkey)), Company)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

I have another question. What I did below worked on a pivot table but I can't get it to work on a text box.

Let us say company X is ranked 6 on a metric, and 4 on another metric. If we add the rankings for company X, we get 10.

Let us assume company Y is ranked 5 on a metric and 8 on another metric. If we add the rankings for company Y, we get 13.

I created a variable to rank the companies (from lowest to highest) in a pivot table using the following code:

=aggr(rank(-($(vOverallScore))),Company)

To get vOverallScore, I simply took the code for the first metric and added the plus sign and then added the code for the 2nd metric.

vOverallScore (variable created):

Aggr(Rank(Count({<Gender={'Female'}, Company>} newkey)/Count({<Company>}newkey)), Company)  +

Aggr(Rank(Count({<Gender={'Female'}, Company>} termkey)/Count({<Company>}termkey)), Company)

Then in the pivot:

=aggr(rank(-($(vOverallScore))),Company)

The pivot shows correct rankings. However, it becomes vulnerable to reverting to a ranking of 1 when you select the company. Your code is robust to changes but as soon as I put the + sign, it becomes vulnerable to selections.

Perhaps there is another way to do it? and to get it work in a text box?

Kind regards
D

sunny_talwar

Can you try this:

=Only({<Company>} Aggr(Rank(-($(vOverallScore))),Company))

Not applicable
Author

Using your code, It brings back 1 for the text box and also 1 for the pivot table

The pivot table shows the correct rankings but if you select the company, it reverts to 1.

sunny_talwar

Would it be possible to share a sample?

Not applicable
Author

I think we might have to do that. I'll try and provide one tomorrow.

Not applicable
Author

I think I got it!  Made up a sample qvw:

=aggr(rank((rank(sum({<Company>}[Product A]),Company) + rank(sum({<Company>}[Product B]),Company))),Company)

Will share tomorrow. Can't share on my home PC. I've got personal edition at home.

Kind regards

Declan

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Sorry for the late reply. But better late than never? Please let me know if you are able to view the attachment.

sunny_talwar

Is this your achieve solution or are you still looking for help?