Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krishnajamylavarapu16
Contributor III
Contributor III

recovered file from prj is not showing data while reloading

Hi community,

We are new to QlikView. In the project Iam working, we are trying to connect QV to TFS. We have existing system from the past and now we are trying to connect to TFS to have source control. 

We created prj files at our end and as the data is much higher, we recreated QV file from prj folder. To test the report, we are reloading the report again. It is not populating all the data into the report. Especially, we are loading our period values to some variables and they were not getting populated after reloading the report. As the report is an existing report in production at our end it would be difficult to change the code logic.

Need help for this. 

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is the Help Doc link for the Project Files:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/QlikView_Projec...

And I found the following article which explains a key thing that is NOT in the Help, going to send the doc team a note on this, as I think this should be in the Help content as a 'Note' or something.  The variables themselves are stored to the prj files, but no values, so that is likely the issue, you would need to use SET/LET statements in the script to reset all those to be sure everything restores properly in this case, hopefully this makes sense.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/00000554

There actually is a note on the Help Doc stating no data is stored, and variable values are considered data in this case, hopefully that clarifies things...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.