Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

rename expression labels based on dimenion values in a pivot table

Hello

I need to rename (and show or hide ) an expression according to dimension value  in a pivote table  , the enable condition of the expression doesn't work.  is that possible in Qlikview?

Thank you in advance for your help

4 Replies
veidlburkhard
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Meriem,

can you explain a little bit deeper what you want to do? I mean, when hiding the expression there is no need of renaming and when renaming the label you should not hide it!?!

Burkhard

sasikanth
Master
Master

HI,

You can use Conditional enabling, That depends upon your requirement,

if you want to enable Exp based on selections of Dimensions then you can write like

=IF(getSelectedCount(<dimension-name)>0,1,0)

and comming to labels, you can change them according to selections

in the Exp label write like

E.g:

='sales details' & CLNDR_YEAR

here CLNDR_YEAR is a Dim, if you select a year 2014,

the  Exp label like

sales details 2014

Like this you can change

Not applicable
Author

Hi bukhard,

for a certain dimension value I want to show only one expression, and then for other dimension values show the other expressions but at the same time  giving them different labels according to the dimension values.

I hope I made it clearer now

Regards

veidlburkhard
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Meriem,

let's call the dimension you want to make the selection on: Dim1 and the Value you select: Value1

In your Pivot table go to the conditional enabeling of your expression 1 and key in:

GetFieldSelections(Dim1) = Value1 (then this expression is shown only, when you select Value1 in Dim1)

In the label of expression 1 you key in the special text you want to have for this expression.

Then go to the conditional enabeling of your expression 2 and key in:

GetFieldSelections(Dim1) = Value2...

So when the user selects Value2 he can see expression 2, only and also your special label you created for it.

Hope this helps

Burkhard