Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III

replace the hardcoding formula

Hi All,

@sunny_talwar

I have written the below formula :

If(Sum(Consumption) <> 0,Only({<MonthYear={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -96)))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear)))"}>} Aggr(

RangeSum(Above(Sum({<MonthYear={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -96)))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear)))"} 

>} Consumption), 0, Month(Only({<MonthYear={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -96)))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear)))"}>} Month))))

, cat, (MonthYear, (NUMERIC)))))

But every time i don't want to change that 96(those many months(7 years) i have). Because next month i have to change to 97 then next month 98...

I don't want it to be hard coding. 

Can you please help me how it to be automated.

Please let me know if you need anything more.

Thanks,

Bharat

24 Replies
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It is version problem Sunny Bhai...If  i put it as numeric in QV12 it works fine..We will be getting in ascending order.. This also you had only taught me. Please let me know anything if you need. Please see the below image:

T.PNG

sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum({<MonthYear={">=$(=Date(Min(MonthYear)))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear)))"}, Consumption = {"*"}>} Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum({<MonthYear>} IB), 0, Month(Only({<MonthYear>} Month)))), cat, (MonthYear, (NUMERIC))))/
Sum(TOTAL <[Month-Year]>{<MonthYear={">=$(=Date(Min(MonthYear)))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear)))"}, Consumption = {"*"}>} Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum({<MonthYear>} IB), 0, Month(Only({<MonthYear>} Month)))), cat, (MonthYear, (NUMERIC))))
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Sunny Bhai... it worket perfectly.. But can you please tell me what have you done.. Difficult to understand.. Sorry to take your time Sunn Bhai...
sunny_talwar

I am not sure what to explain... you wanted to divide the expression by the total for the month... I just did that.. is there anything specific you don't understand?
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I will check again and take some time to analyze the expression. I will work on it Sunny Bhai... Thanks a lot again and again...If i get any queries i will let you know .. Thank you so much...........Really thanks Sunny Bhai..