Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shashank181993
Contributor II
Contributor II

running total in pivot table of Adhoc report

Hi Team, 

I want to make a measure to calculate the running total in an ad-hoc report where the dimensions gets added from the list box on the left. The last column is not making the cumulative sum as the new dimensions gets added from the list box any ideas?

=RangeSum(Above( sum({<CalendarDateNum={'<=$(vPerfEndDate)'}> } Amount),0,rowno(TOTAL)))

shashank181993_2-1598618548588.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be try this

=RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({<CalendarDateNum = {'<=$(vPerfEndDate)'}>} Amount), 0, RowNo(TOTAL)))

The above will give you a accumulation across all dimensions.... is that what you want?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try this

=RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({<CalendarDateNum = {'<=$(vPerfEndDate)'}>} Amount), 0, RowNo(TOTAL)))

The above will give you a accumulation across all dimensions.... is that what you want?

shashank181993
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

shashank181993_0-1598619524794.png

Thanks, sunny!  I tried this but the subtotal accumulate the data from different GL type which need to be restricted

shashank181993
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @sunny_talwar,

I have attached the sample data here need in the pivot table to calculate the rangesum

PrashantSangle

you can use combination of secondarydimensionality() with Sunny's solution.

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
sunny_talwar

Somehow I am unable to download the attachment because the Virus scan is in progress

image.png

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@sunny_talwar I checked the attachment, I can get it, so not sure if we had an issue that got fixed or what, if you get a chance, try again and shout if you still get the virus scan message, but try downloading, that is what I did versus clicking to open the file, sorry, I think you may have opened.  Preview did work for me too though, so not sure what the heck happened to you.  

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
sunny_talwar

Thanks @Brett_Bleess, but this is not the kind of sample I was expecting. This is pre-aggregated data in a chart, I was looking for more like a raw sample data.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@shashank181993  Please see Sunny's latest comment above and  respond accordingly, if you figured things out, please post what you did and then mark that as the solution using the Accept as Solution button.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.