Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

schedulling scripts in QV

Hi,

I would like to know which is the best way to schedule a script in QV.

I have a doc with a load script that I want to refresh in a daily basis. I can schedule using document properties.

I want to know the best way to do this if I have a doc that is going to be used by several users.

I think that then I should schedule the script in the QV server license isn't it

Other question: how can I pass parameters values to a QV doc, for example parameters with values of path, constants, etc...

I know that I can load a file with parameter - value and create the variables in the doc, but which is the best way?

Any advice will be greatly apreciatted.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you have Qlikview Server then you schedule reloads of documents in the QMC (Qlikview Management Console). If you don't have Qlikview Server then you can use Qlikview Desktop and a script that reloads the document and is started by a Windows Scheduled Task. I don't see what passing parameters has to do with it.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you have Qlikview Server then you schedule reloads of documents in the QMC (Qlikview Management Console). If you don't have Qlikview Server then you can use Qlikview Desktop and a script that reloads the document and is started by a Windows Scheduled Task. I don't see what passing parameters has to do with it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert,

Can you give me an example of scripts that reloads a document to use in a win scheduled task

Passing parameters is another question not related with schedulling, but I want to solve it

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Create a text file and rename it to reload.bat. Put a command like this in it:

"C:\Program Files\Qlikview\qv.exe" /R "D:\My Qlik Documents\My Qlikview File.qvw"

Then schedule that .bat file.

You can pass variables as parameters on the command line with the /v flag:

"C:\Program Files\Qlikview\qv.exe" /R /VvMyVariable=1 "D:\My Qlik Documents\My Qlikview File.qvw"