Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nachiket_shinde
Contributor III
Contributor III

select in straight box after selecting all listbox values

Hi All,

I have a scenario wherein I have a straight table and 3 list boxes. Normally table gets updated as soon as we select value in any of the list box. Requirement is it should not get updated unless values in all 3 list boxes selected.

How to achieve this?

Note: Working on Personal edition so qvw won't work for me.

Please provide step wise solution if possible as in I might not know where to write expression.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

You need to add it as a 'Definition' instead of 'Conditional'. Check out the image and attached sample

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be like this:

If(GetSelectedCount(LB1) > 0 and GetSelectedCount(LB2) > 0 and GetSelectedCount(LB2) > 0, Sum(Measure), Sum({<LB1, LB2, LB3>} Measure))

nachiket_shinde
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

Where do we have to write this expression?

I have created one QVW for understanding purpose.

On selection of PASS/FAIL, STD and STD_ID only values should reflect on straight table.

sunny_talwar

You need to add it as a 'Definition' instead of 'Conditional'. Check out the image and attached sample

Capture.PNG

nachiket_shinde
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks a lot Sunny.

I am getting desired result But I want to put an extension to this.

If I select MARKS , before selecting required 3 columns, Table is getting updated.

Can we avoid that?

sunny_talwar

I guess add that to your set analysis also:

If(GetSelectedCount([PASS/FAIL]) > 0 and GetSelectedCount(STD) > 0 and GetSelectedCount(STD_ID) > 0, Sum(MARKS), Sum({<[PASS/FAIL], STD, STD_ID, MARKS>} MARKS))

Capture.PNG