Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriscools
Creator II
Creator II

selecting calculated values in dropdown box gives wrong result

Hello,

i'm calculatin margins for products of 2 company's, with "%id_legalentity_product" 1 and 2.

The margin is calculated in an expression "eMargeProduct".

And depending on the legal entity a minimum margin is required: "vMarmeMinimumLegalEntity1" and "vMarmeMinimumLegalEntity2"

Now i want to add a dropdownlist in which i can isolate the articles that are giving problems.

I want 4 values to select from:

-Margin 1 too low

-Margin 1 ok

-Margin 2 too low

-Margin 2 ok

that way i can make a subselection for only those articles with a margin lower than expected stated in the variables depending on the legal entity.

I made an expression like this in dropdown box:

=if ( %id_legalentity_product = 1 ,
if (eMargeProduct < vMargeMinimumLegalEntity1, 'Margin 1 too low', 'Margin 1 ok'),
if ( %id_legalentity_product = 2,
if ( eMargeProduct < vMargeMinimumLegalEntity2, 'Margin 2 too low', 'Margin 2 ok')))

I do get a dropdown box with the 4 values in it.

But when i select for example 'Margin 1 too low', it gives me every article depending to LegalEntity1,

also the ones were 'Margin 1 ok'.

What am i doing wrong?

grtz,

chris

3 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Can you please provide a small sample to test this out..

chriscools
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello,

i'm uploading a small example now.

There a few articles for each of the 2 legal entities.

And for each entity there are articles above and under the desired margin, which is set in a different variable per legal entity.

What i would like is that the dropdown box (in green) makes it possible to select only those articles which are beneath the desired margin.

The bizar thing now is that it does work...

I remade the example to make sure it didn't do anything different, but what i find is that after i reduce the data it does what i want... 🙂

Anybody might have a clue how this could be possible?

grtz,

chris

sunny_talwar

Why don't you create a sample using this approach (if you have not done this already) and see if you can replicate the issue

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling