Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

set Analysis help with blank value for the field {Month = >}

Can someone help me to understand the below ,especially, the functionality of the blank value  as Year = , Quarter=

round(Sum({$<PeriodID = {$(=Max(PeriodID)-1)},Year = ,Quarter = ,Month = ,Period = >} [Sales]))

From the above, my understanding is Year, Quarter, Month, Period fields are disregard fields even if the user selects values from these fields it must be disregarded but if I select values from Year,Quarter or any of these fields in my doc the data is getting updated - its not disregarding ???

4 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Try with this

Round(Sum({<PeriodID = {$(=Max(PeriodID)-1)},Year = ,Quarter = ,Month = ,Period = >} [Sales]))

Otherwise, can u post a sample file?

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you please remove the "$" sign infront of the set analysis and try. hope it will helps.

Not applicable
Author

Agreed, currently selection is the default selection , I no need to specify explicitly $.

Anyhow I removed $ now, but if I select month from the calendar it still accounted for. Kindly refer the attached qvw doc and throw some lights .

MayilVahanan

HI

Try like this

Sum({<Year = ,Quarter = ,Month = ,Period =, PeriodID = {$(=Max({<Year = ,Quarter = ,Month = ,Period =>}PeriodID)-13)}>} [Sales])

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.