Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
On May 18th at 10AM EDT we will answer your QlikView questions live. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zwax
Contributor III
Contributor III

set analysis / aggr function

Hi gurus

I am having some set analysis / aggr function issues. I am trying to sum some specific values.

Conditions:

• If Area = 34 and total amount within S_ID and Item is under 10
  • Then sum amount only for Type AB

There are multiple items and other areas. For the simplicity in the sample, I kept only one.

I want to show Date, Item and the calculation.

As you can see in the sample the total sum of all Type AB’s is 45. However, the 2 lines marked with yellow should not be counted in the calc, since the total amount is above 10 (total and not type specific). The result should be 29 (45-12-4 = 29).

QV1.png

Test 3 gives the right result if I add the dimension of S_ID, but not without it.

QV2.png

Something in Test 2 do not calculate correct, if both types is present or in case of duplicates (the orange ones).  

QV3.png

QV4.png

Expression:

Test 1: sum(if(aggr(Sum({<Area={34}>}Amount),S_ID,Item)<10,sum(if(Type='AB',Amount))))

Test 2: sum(if(aggr(Sum({<Area={34}>}Amount),S_ID,Item)<10 and Type='AB',Amount))

Test 3: if(aggr(Sum({<Area={34}>}Amount),S_ID,Item)<10,sum(if(Type='AB',Amount)))

Any ideas of how to accomplice this?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum(Aggr(If(Sum({<Area = {34}>} Amount) < 10, Sum({<Type = {'AB'}>} Amount)), Date, S_ID, Item))

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum(Aggr(If(Sum({<Area = {34}>} Amount) < 10, Sum({<Type = {'AB'}>} Amount)), Date, S_ID, Item))

View solution in original post

Zwax
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@sunny_talwar wrote:

Try this

Nice. This solved the issue. Had to place the Area = {34} in the next sum as well to get the result I needed.

Sum(Aggr(If(Sum({<Area = {34}>} Amount) < 10, Sum({<Area = {34}, Type = {'AB'}>} Amount)), Date, S_ID, Item))

Thank you so much 😀👍