Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

set analysis and using and/or

I want to

select

count(id)

where

field 1 like 'Inventory'

or field 2 = 'Inventory'

I need this in a chart expression.  I know that I can

field 1 = {*Inventory*},

field 2 = {'Inventory')}

likewise,

field 1 = {*Inventory*},

field 2 +={'Inventory') or -= or /=

I need to make sure that I count field one is inventory or  where filed 2 is inventory.

I am quite new to QlikView and any help would be appreciated.

15 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like this

count({<wr.Short_Description = {'*Inventory*'}> + <wr.Work_Request_Type = {'Inventory'} >} Work_Request_ID)

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this

=Sum(Aggr( If(wr.Short_Description Like '*Inventory*' or  wr.Work_Request_Type ={'Inventory', 1, 0), Work_Request_ID))

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

This is working.  It is giving me short descriptions for inventory  and say order as well as the ones for work request type as inventory.  Interesting that field one union field 2 and then exclude? minus.

What remains is to have this inside an ordinary set analysis.  Say,

field 3 = {'Status','Create'} to further restrict the data in the expression.  That is to say,  where field 3 in status,create.

Syntax is killing me in the set analysis.  I have read qlikview 11 for developers.  It is the complex sets that are driving me mad.  I have worked in Tableau, Cognos, MicroStratedgy, and SSRS.  I know that it will just take some time and experience.

Thanks to all for your help

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Yes, you missed '<'. try:

count({<wr.Short_Description = {'*Inventory*'}> + <wr.Work_Request_Type = {'Inventory'} >} Work_Request_ID)

Not applicable
Author

This is probably the final answer to my discussion.  I will mark srchilukoori as the correct answer.  Here is my final expression.

count({<wr.Short_Description ={'*Update Inventory*'},
wrTracking.affectedField={'Status','Create'},
wrTracking.Char_Status -= {'Pending Close','Closed'}
>}  Work_Request_ID)

+
count({<wr.Work_Request_Type = {'Inventory'},
>}Work_Request_ID)

-2*
count({<wr.Short_Description ={'*Update Inventory*'}, wr.Work_Request_Type = {'Inventory'},
>} Work_Request_ID)

Not applicable
Author

srchilukoori.  Is the -2* saying exclusion and then intersection?  Sometimes, the - and * get mixed up in my head.  so, thanks.