Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

show 1st,3rd,10th,15th and 20th row in a straight table

Hi Qlikers

I have created a sample and attaching it too. I want to see only the 1st,3rd,10th,15th and 20th row in my both straight table. If any selection is made it should change according to that and the mentioned row number for that selection only should be shown in the table.

In another words the table should show the mentioned  row no on the fly and adjust itself with the new selction .

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I thought I did attach a version where RowNo() was added back...

Capture.PNG

attaching the file again

View solution in original post

13 Replies
sunny_talwar

Something along these lines

If(Match(RowNo(), 1, 3, 10, 15, 20), SUM(amount))

Capture.PNG

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi sunny

Thank you for the reply. But its not matching .If you notice it is sorted by descending order of sum(amount). and i wanted the mentioned rows. Plus accumulative sum is a must here instead of ROWNO().

If i select 1 it should sort it according to sum(amount) descending then the rows.I hope i am clear with my requirement.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
sunny_talwar

Changed the sorting, does it look better now?

Capture.PNG

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

thank you.almost there .

As i mentioned I need the ROW NO column which is nothing but SUM(AMOUNT)/SUM(AMOUNT) and accumulative sum in expression tab. This column is used for calculation of some probability. I don't want to disable that.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
sunny_talwar

Do you have to use  SUM(AMOUNT)/SUM(AMOUNT) ? or 1? Can you use this with no accumulation?

If(Match(RowNo(), 1, 3, 10, 15, 20), RowNo())

Capture.PNG

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi sunny

this is a last minute assignment i am given .The problem is the enhancement i am talking about is the only change i need to do. Everything else should be same. It was Full accumulation before so cant change that. Can we do something with the dimension to restrict? Thats what i am trying now.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
sunny_talwar

I am not sure I understand the final goal of this requirement. What exactly are you trying to do? Would you be able to elaborate a little?

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

there are million of row which results from a simulation. we need to show all rows but when some filter is selected it will show the corresponding records. The row no is used in some calculation to get some other results. if i use rowno() function it will not always start from 1 and end at the no of records for that filter selection. But with full accumulation it will always start from 1 and end at the max row no. so full accumulation is necessary.

Learning never stops.
sunny_talwar

Why will RowNo() not always start at 1?