Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

show zero in place of excluded values?

Hi All,

This is a bit strange requirement from a customer but I wonder if someone has done this before. I am showing students ages, their grades, and count of students is the measure expression here. I am showing this all in a pivot table.

Now the customer demands that if he selects a specific age from filter, the rest of ages should not disappear from the pivot table, but instead their valeus should become zero. Is this possible somwhow?

Arif

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Uncheck the option Suppress Zero-Values on the Presentation tab. Set 0 as Null Symbol and Missing Symbol. And check the option Show All Values for your Age and Grade dimensions on the Dimensions tab. That's not perfect, but the best you can do afaik.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysber,

Many Thanks for the reply. Your solution works when there are null values for those grades. The trick here is that if the customer selected one grade from filter, then the data is reduced to that filter only and all those grades not selected in filter disappear. The customer wants to show the count for the grade that is selected and then show zeros for all those grades not selected.

The trick here is not showing nulls, but put zeros for those grades which are excluded in the filter.

Regards

Syed