Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

slider object clear selections

Hi all,

I would request you all to provide advise on slider object clear selections using button or clear option.

Concern: I have a slider object and the selections made in the slider object reflects in other charts so the data changes.

Now i have to clear the selections in Slider object that i made first.

Note: I dont want Macro option to clear the slider selections.

Please select me any approach

Regards

john

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danansell42
Creator III
Creator III

Hi John

I've added a button and set analysis into the graph expression

Hope this helps

Dan

View solution in original post

9 Replies
danansell42
Creator III
Creator III

Hi John

If you create a text object or button then you can assign an action to clear all and another action to reset the variable used within the slider object.

Thanks

Dan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks Dan,

till button creation i go the way but i was lil puzzled from another action to reset the variable.

Could you please be a bit more clear or provide a simple example ?

Regards

John

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi John,

can you provide an example QVW of what you have got?

Andy

danansell42
Creator III
Creator III

If you are just using a field to populate the values in the slider object then this extra action wouldn't be required as clear all would also clear the selections made.

It is possible to use variables instead of a field within the slider object though.

For example you could set up 2 variables and call them vMin and vMax

Select these in the Slider Properties and give a min value of 1 and max value of 10.

When the user uses the slider this would then dynamically change the value stored in the variable which can be used for set analysis purposes.

You would then need to assign an extra action on your clear button to reset these.

Actions>External>Set Variable

Type in the variable name and the value you want it to default too.

Then when user clicks your clear button it would clear all selections and also change the variable back to the default value (or a null value if required)

Dan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi all

Thanks for your advises

this is my attachment i am experiencing two concerns

1) i am using min/max of sales variables in sliders to get the values change in bar chart = its not happening

2) i want to remove the slider selections using button object

hope my issues would be resolved.

regards

John

danansell42
Creator III
Creator III

Hi John

I've added a button and set analysis into the graph expression

Hope this helps

Dan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Daniel

danansell42
Creator III
Creator III

Glad i could be of assistance

rubenmarin

Well, I was doing it while Daniel posted the answer, I was adding some dynamism depending of the sales values, take a look in case some of this can give an idea when assigning min and max values.