Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

sum hours Under terms

Hello everyone,

I need some tips around here.

Pls see attach file.

As you can see I have an employee named "roy" who worked in some days  within  the month "may".

He have Efficiency Index for every shift.

In the 15/05/2011 he had a Training Course.

I need to have a table with one row and three columns:

1-Emp' name

2- Efficiency in 4 shifts before the Training Course.(avg)

3- Efficiency in 4 shifts after   the Training Course.(avg)

Thanx a lot guys!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi avivcoil,

two more ideas,

if you want the expression to be not influenced by selections (which I assume), you should change the set expression to e.g.

=avg({1<cumHour ={"<=$(H_Train) >$(H_first)"}>} Eff)

Second, I noticed that the hours are fluctuating from date to date. It might be an idea to use a weighted average for efficiency or to use the original calculation for efficiency (which is probably something per time slice) instead.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

someone?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi avivcoil,

I think you could use a set expression to limit the dates, like

=avg({$<date ={"<=$(V_Train)"}>} eff)

for the dates before and including the training day

and

=avg({$<date ={">$(V_Train)"}>} eff)

for the period after the training day (both expression as expression in a chart straight table, dimension = name).

I had some difficulties applying to your example, please assure that the "date" is really a date format (I think right now it is a text) before comparing to the variable (and this variable should also be set as date using makedate).

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi swuehl,

Great!

Thats what I was looking for.

You are right,I also have a problem with the the dates.

Now I may need something even more difficult...

I still  need the same table - i.e. avg efficiency, but now  calculate it a bit diffrent.

The calculation methed will be:

a-before the training,go back and calc' for the last 30   (before the training) hours whats was the Eff.

b-after the training,calc'  the next 30 hours  (after the training) whats was the Eff.

do you still think its possiable....?

Thanx again

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi avivcoil,

hmmmm, yes

At least I tried in attached sample.

This is my approach:

I used a accumulated hour to have something like a consecutive timeline for orientation (like date).

I set three variables = cumHour at the time of traing, 30 h before and 30 h after (It was again not quite clear how to handle the day of training, because you got also hours for that day, count them to before or after training?)

Then I used set expression again to get only the eff values within the desired hour range (But with some jitter how to handle the dates hours at the border of these ranges).

Maybe some room for improvement, but my idea should be clear.

Regards,

Stefan

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi avivcoil,

two more ideas,

if you want the expression to be not influenced by selections (which I assume), you should change the set expression to e.g.

=avg({1<cumHour ={"<=$(H_Train) >$(H_first)"}>} Eff)

Second, I noticed that the hours are fluctuating from date to date. It might be an idea to use a weighted average for efficiency or to use the original calculation for efficiency (which is probably something per time slice) instead.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

GREAT ! 

Really nice, I have learned some tricks here!

thanx