Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surajdhall
Contributor III
Contributor III

take previous month data in pivot

Hi All,

When there is no data available in the current month, i want to bring from previous month in the pivot table (attached file)

Product B- High has no data in Feb. So take 86.20% from previous month.

Product C- Low has no data in the May. So take 100% from previous month.

I want to do this in this chart locally, is it possible?

21 Replies
sunny_talwar

Check out the attached

surajdhall
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks you so much Sunny

See how there is no Feb for Product = B and Status = High... you will need to make sure that the MonthYear Feb Exits for this combination... may be with the Sales 0 and Margin 0

Just a final query. May i know what Rangesum is doing here. Why atleast sales 0 or margin 0 is required (as you mentioned in the comment).

Avg(aggr(If(RangeSum(sum(Margin)/sum(Sales), 0.1) = 0.1, Above(sum(Margin)/sum(Sales)), sum(Margin)/sum(Sales)), Product,Status,MonthYear))

surajdhall
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

The expression is taking previous month data only till next month, not to the further months.

Avg(aggr(If(RangeSum(sum(Margin)/sum(Sales), 0.1) = 0.1, Above(sum(Margin)/sum(Sales)), sum(Margin)/sum(Sales)), Product,Status,MonthYear))

Product D- High has no data for Mar, Apr, May.  The data is carried only till next month(ie. from Feb to Mar), not to the further months.

carry.png

Please suggest.

sunny_talwar

This unfortunately may not work with your requirement to get the Average for the total row.... if you need the total and also the carrying forward, you will need to do this in the script

surajdhall
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

ok, I am fine without the total row.

I  using your first solution and notice the same issue in % and T columns

If(Len(Trim(sum(Margin)/sum(Sales))) = 0, Before(sum(Margin)/sum(Sales)), sum(Margin)/sum(Sales))

sunny_talwar

Not worrying about the Average, you can use this

If(RangeSum(sum(Margin)/sum(Sales), 0.1) = 0.1, Before([%]), sum(Margin)/sum(Sales))

Where [%] is your column name within the square brackets

surajdhall
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Sunny

The T column (arrows) seems not working, how can i adjust it.

Could you suggest, what is rangesum with = 0.1 condition in your expression.

sunny_talwar

Check attached

surajdhall
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you so much again..

Final query. Because i cannot have total in the chart. I want to have it in a text objects(for each month) under the chart.

Could you let me know how the aggr expression showing average for a month column, please.

sunny_talwar

Aggr() isn't going to work because we your using column labels... unfortunately the only way to do this would be to do it in the script or an even more complex expression.

Please consider marking correct and helpful response once you get what you were looking for...