Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pepe2209
Creator
Creator

task planner reload file with section access, problem

Hello,

I have a qlikview file which is protected with simple section access:

ACCESSUSERIDPASSWORD
adminadminblabla
useruserblabla

Now i want the file to reload every night automatically via the task planner (with the /r "D:/..." parameter). But it can't get past the section access window without manual interference. Is it possible to maintain the section access for normal use and to override this when reloading via task manager?

your help would be much appreciated.

regards,

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Peter,

It is possible indeed. Here you are a dummy example of how the section table should look like to use both USERID and NTNAME in the same table. Let's pretend the Windows account that will launch the BAT files is YOURCOMP\QVSERVICE and that in addition you have USER1 and USER2:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, NTNAME

ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN, *

USER, USER1, PASS1, *

USER, USER2, PASS2, *

ADMIN, *, *, YOURCOMP\QVSERVICE

];

Section Application;

So when any account that is not YOURCOMP\QVSERVICE QlikView will prompt for credentials and you will be able to identify as ADMIN, USER1 or USER2.

Hope it helps,

Miguel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Peter,

You need to use NTNAME in section access, along with the USERID and PASSWORD:

How to write a batch file for many reports with section access

Batch File user and password for QlikView

Miguel

its_anandrjs

I believe  you have to use Bat files to run the application and manually runs the Bat file with user requirement to run that bat. Yes if possible use NTNAME for section access.

Hope this helps

pepe2209
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your quick response. I don't exactly understand the workings of NTNAME and USERID PASSWORD settings though. Under the following settings i'm able to reload the file via the taskplanner :

ACCESSUSERIDPASSWORDNTNAME
adminadminblablaDOMAIN/User
userDOMAIN/User

but now I can only access the file with limited user access, and not with administrator access. I would like to achieve both..

is this possible?

a table-example like mine would be very helpfull

Your help is much appreciated.

regards,

Peter

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Peter,

It is possible indeed. Here you are a dummy example of how the section table should look like to use both USERID and NTNAME in the same table. Let's pretend the Windows account that will launch the BAT files is YOURCOMP\QVSERVICE and that in addition you have USER1 and USER2:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, NTNAME

ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN, *

USER, USER1, PASS1, *

USER, USER2, PASS2, *

ADMIN, *, *, YOURCOMP\QVSERVICE

];

Section Application;

So when any account that is not YOURCOMP\QVSERVICE QlikView will prompt for credentials and you will be able to identify as ADMIN, USER1 or USER2.

Hope it helps,

Miguel