Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

taskresult xml files

We are running a system monitor and it is failing because one of the taskresult xml files which I believe are created by the Publisher is empty. 

Does anyone know how to determine where a particular file is coming from and what it is for?

The file name is TaskResult_77fdebac-2933-43a4-8135-ffc5aaeea373.xml

I can delete this file and the dashboard will run until the file is recreated and empty.  Then it blows up again.

We are on QV11.  However, the system monitor is called QV9 System Monitor. 

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
patroser
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I had the same problem once.

I guess you have at least one disabled task in your task list.

A disabled task will produce an empty xml-file.

Therefore the xml exists and will be read by the script, unfortunately there isn't even a header within this xml. That is where the system monitor crashes. Because he can open the file, but the "field" you are reading doesn't exist in the specific file.

Patrick

View solution in original post

7 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It is the content of the XML-file that says which task it is connected to. I don't think it fails BECAUSE of the empty TaskResult-file but the TaskResult-file is empty because the task that is supposed to update it's status into this file fails before it manage to do it. So the cause and effect are reversed here ...

Judging by the date and time the TaskResult-file is created you should be able to see which tasks were running at that particular time....

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I am new to all of this. 

How do I see what tasks were running when?

I know how to use the management console.  But that only shows extracts and dashboards?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mark Ritter wrote:

I know how to use the management console.  But that only shows extracts and dashboards?

Those are the tasks.

cwolf
Creator III
Creator III

you can get the definition of the associated task from

c:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\Tasks\Task_77fdebac-2933-43a4-8135-ffc5aaeea373.xml

patroser
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I had the same problem once.

I guess you have at least one disabled task in your task list.

A disabled task will produce an empty xml-file.

Therefore the xml exists and will be read by the script, unfortunately there isn't even a header within this xml. That is where the system monitor crashes. Because he can open the file, but the "field" you are reading doesn't exist in the specific file.

Patrick

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Thank you.  That seems logical.  To bypass the issue I change the error level to 0 at the start of that load and then set it back to 1 after.  So if any xml files are empty it will not fail the task.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I've been focusing on Sense but my memory of this issue is that it is due to a disabled task with an active trigger. I remember not being able to reproduce it in SR12 so I suspect there was a bug fix in the interim. But the work-around that Mark posted earlier of setting error levels also works.