Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbax1234
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

trying to get a specific value

Hi,

I have a table and I have arranged it in ascending order ( for first 3 values). now I need to get the specific values of each row/ column combination. I need to put the value of each element in a different text box eg Text box 1 value=team a,text box 2 value =team b and so on

for eg table is

F1F2F3=sum(F4)
team aproduct aregion a43
team bproduct aregion b45
team cproduct cregion a

I tried using fieldvalue function but it is not giving me the expected answer. Please find the qvw attached.

I am getting product c where i should be getting product a and I am getting null when I should be getting product c. Any idea what I am doing wrong. Or is there any other function which I should use.

Regards,

BB

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bbax1234
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I ended up using the peek function in the script to get each value.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

even if you sorted your table in a specific order, you can't rely on the FieldValue() function to return the expected results - depending on the number of duplicate values in each field, you may or may not get the desired result.

I'd suggest using Set Analysis to specify what element of the data you want to see in which text object.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Learn advanced QlikView and Qlik Sense techniques in my book QlikView Your Business

sunny_talwar

May be try this:

=Only({<F1 = {'* b'}>}F2)

Capture.PNG

bbax1234
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I ended up using the peek function in the script to get each value.