Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

two fields in two diagramms on one page

hey there,

it is very easy to get a diagram with one field...

i tried to combine two fields with a "&" but the solution is that both fields are in one diagram... but i want to have two fields in two diagram on one page. - i it possible?

Because i want to compare two different fields.

Can somebody help me? thanks a lot!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Why don't you try what I suggested above:

=Subfield( Concat(DISTINCT FieldName,'|'),'|',1)

resp.

=Subfield( Concat(DISTINCT FieldName,'|'),'|',2)

View solution in original post

18 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sure, you can create two diagrams, each filtered by the appropriate field's value. Or maybe use a trellis chart (on dimension tab).

Two help you more, please post more details about your two fields, best by posting a small sample QVW.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi RG,

of course you can!

Andy

Not applicable
Author

okay, its a little bit more difficult.

In my project are many fields, and i have one diagram. You can select the different fields in a listbox. But you can only take one field, that is presented in the diagram. the diagram has two dimensions (the time as first and one field by selection in a listbox as second).

Now my question: is it possible when i select two fields, that it show me two diagram.

Unbenannt3.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Would be easier to help if you could post a small sample QVW.

In general, you can use GetSelectedCount( FieldName ) to check if you have more than one value selected.

If so, you can enable a second chart using the show condition on layout tab of the chart.

=GetSelectedCount( FieldName ) = 2

Not applicable
Author

thanks for your answer.

this should be a solution. i thought to do it on a similar way... but i dont know how. i am very new to this program.

1.) and there is a problem: when i select two fields, how can i set the different fields to the diagrams? i can click on both, but how can i differ between of both selections?
2.) I think to do it with a multibox. But when only one diagram is activated, there is a big empty place... is there any way to change the columne and row of a multibox depend on the GetSelectedCount( FieldName ) ?!?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can address the two selected values like

=Subfield( Concat(DISTINCT FieldName,'|'),'|',1)

resp.

=Subfield( Concat(DISTINCT FieldName,'|'),'|',2)

Not applicable
Author

hey,

thank you. but i dont understand what your code is doing and where i have to put it.

maybe you can help me with this:

1.) i am using getfieldselections(Fieldname) and i want with set analyses only the field with "up" inside... i dont know the syntax. i tried, but it's always wrong...

btw: getfieldselections(Fieldname) returns "text up" and "text down"

i tried something like this:
{$<fieldname={"*up"}>}getfieldselections(fieldname)

2.) i not want to change the multibox! i want to change the container rows or/and column by selecting one or two fields. is it possible?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Please post a small sample QVW, this makes it much easier to help you.

Not applicable
Author

it doesnt work with =Subfield( Concat(DISTINCT FieldName,'|'),'|',1) - there is a "dynamic error" ( i put it into the dynamic dimension...)

okay, i try to make a little qvw file. but it would be next week...

thanks you...