Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

variable writable

Hello,

I have a question. I have made a straight table and a input box.

In the straight table there are two coloms: norm name and norm value.

The value is Seats. I have made a variable VSeats, if default variable, in the edit script:

//my edit script is:

SET VSeats='1000000000';

LOAD [Norm name],

[Norm value]

FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Blad1);

And I have a input box with variable VSeats2.

I want to have that when I type a value in the input box that the default value changed in the straight table.

How can I make writable variable?

Can someone help me with this?

thanks in advance.

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not entirely sure what you are looking to do? Would you let us know what is the link between your variable and straight table? Ideally some sample data with the expected result would make things easy to understand.

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

By default, the variables are "writable" in the input box, unless you make it read-only or allow to use only pre-defined values.

If you want your variable to affect the results in the expression, use it in expression, e.g.:

=sum([Norm value]) * Variable

Not applicable
Author

another question: how can I change a default variable?

I know with the input box, I make two variables one for default en two for to change the default.

But and then? How can I make this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can override your VSeats in the input box as well, it doesn't matter that it is defined in the script.  The only effect of creating it in the script is that it will change to default on each reload.