Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonikajain
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

what process happens in the background when I run a code to load data from a table and store into QVD

Hi All,

Pleas help me understand the process - memory+CPU that happens in the bckground when I run a code that loads data from a table and stores into QVD.

Like :

TABLE:

SQL

SELECT * FROM SCHEMA.TABLE;

STORE TABLE into QVD1.qvd;

DROP table TABLE;

How does the memory required vary when data is loaded from TABLE to memory in QVW and written to QVD

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If u stored in a table in a QVD then the volume  of the  table  is reduced but not the data ,

QVD are flexible to load data easily in qlikview and run very fast & gives the desired result as soon as possible compare to tables & databases connection......

avinashelite

Hi Sonika,

Qlikview is a in memory tool, so while dealing with large data we make use of this QVD.

Process:

TABLE:

SQL

SELECT * FROM SCHEMA.TABLE;

This script will import the data from the DB and store it inside the Qlikview with 10x compression.

STORE TABLE into QVD1.qvd; this will store the data inside the Qlikview to Qlikview readable format file called QVD it will be compressed and optimized.

DROP table TABLE; this will delete the data, which is inside the Qlikview application and frees the memory

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Did you try monitoring the ram and cpu usage of your workstation or server while reloading a qlikview document with that bit of script? Try asking a local friendly system administrator if you need help with that.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sonikajain
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

yeah, but I am looking for what happens in terms of memory and Processer usage when these statements are executed

sonikajain
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

I know what these statements accomplish,

but I am looking for what happens in terms of memory and Processer usage when these statements are executed