Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

why add a new expression would make previously suppressed zero values show up. How to remove it?

Hi all,

I met a problem  when I added a new expression of running total into the pivot table.

At first, there was only one expression to calculate 'Uninvoiced_Amount' by dimensions of year, month, state, program and subprogram.

And the zero values of expression have been suppressed.

--expression of 'Uninvoiced amount' =sum(if(name<>'Invoiced' and name<>'Cancelled' and year(finishTimeStamp)=PO_DocDate_Year
and Month(finishTimeStamp)=PO_DocDate_Month, PO_NetAmount))

running total.PNG

zero value1.PNG

But when I added a new expression to calculate Running Total , the suppressed zero values all showed up.  In order to make table neat,  I used IF function in my  Running Total expression :

IF(Uninvoiced_Amount>0, rangesum(Above(TOTAL sum(if(name<>'Invoiced' and name<>'Cancelled' and year(finishTimeStamp)=PO_DocDate_Year
and Month(finishTimeStamp)=PO_DocDate_Month, PO_NetAmount)),0,RowNo(TOTAL))))

Now the table look like below.

RT.PNG

I think maybe that's because I use ROWNO() in the new expression let the zero values show up. And I already checked the 'Suppress zero values' under the new expression but it didn't work.  I appreciate some one could help me remove those redundant zero values. Thanks

0 Replies