Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Active Container Object

Does anyone know how to determine which chart or object is currently active within a Container object? I can't figure it out using the API Guide.

30 Replies
Not applicable
Author

/agree with Terry:  Containers are buggy right now.  Some things I have caught so far:

1.  Calculation Condition Error Messages - The calculation conditions appear to behave properly, but the error message condition does NOT appear once swapping to the tab for the first time.  After swapping (or selecting the required fields, and then clearing) it appears finally.  It is also inconsistent - sometimes I can never get it to show up as I did the previous attempt (? - how does repeating one's steps NOT result in the same behavior)

2.  Export - Doesn't work at all?  Has *anyone* seen an object actually Export within a container?  Finding even a single circumstance where this works would potentially help the devs pinpoint the failure on some level.

This might should be moved into the "Bugs" community group.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

"This will be fixed for QV10 SR2. There will be a variable in the ContainerProperties structure for manipulating the active object."

Can anyone confirm this and, if true, how would I use it? For example, I need to make a text object visable only if a specific chart within a container is the currently selected chart. If any other chart in the container is active, the text object is invisible.

Message was edited by: bgarland Disregard...I figured it out.

Not applicable
Author

I would move this whole topic/conversation to the QlikView Bugs discussion group.. seriously.  You'll probably get a response from the devs or at least some additional requests for follow-ups on behavior testing/replication.

Good QA is providing a good Question first. 

If you're having trouble moving it, join QV Bugs first, then move the discussion.

I look forward to follow-ups from QT on this one.  Containers are fantastic.  They just need some additional attention on the dev side.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No need...I just figured out.

Not applicable
Author

How was this resolved? I am having a similar issue. Trying to figure out a way for find out which container object is active.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Set ContainerObj= ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CT01")

Set ContProp=ContainerObj.GetProperties      

vActiveIndex="CT01-" & ContProp.SingleObjectActiveIndex

ActiveDocument.Variables("vActiveIndex").SetContent vActiveIndex, true

msgbox vActiveIndex

Not applicable
Author

Hi bgarland,

could you attach an example, please? I'd like to see in context how I'd have to adapt the macro to get it to work in my application (I'm not all that fluent in VB).

Thanks,

Lenka

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here you go lenkacfk. I hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks so much! Now I realised what the problem was: The customer is still working with SR1, which doesn't recognise  'ContProp.SingleObjectActiveIndex'. I'm gonna give the admin a hint that it's time for an update

Not applicable
Author

I was able to successfully test your ActiveIndexExample.qvw in QV 10; however, after upgrading to QV 11, it no longer works. I know the Container Object was enhanced in QV 11 and I think the API for it changed as well. Do you have this working in QV 11? If so, could you pleased post the new version? Does the macro work in WebView (for example, I.E. 9.0)? Thanks. I really appreciated your app.

I would also like to see a converse example where the Container Object index is activated/selected when the user clicks a button (or text) object that resides outside the Container. I found some macro code for that in another posting, but couldn't get it to work in QV 10.

Containers are extremely handy, so it would be nice to have this functionality added in QV 12 as an "Action," instead of having to write a macro.