Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swati_rastogi27
Creator
Creator

Client Server Version Compatibility

Hi All,

My QlikView Server is V11.0 SR9  and the Client version is V11.0 SR12.

Will there be any problems/issues  when I deploy and run applications on lower version of server which are created in a higher version of client ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No. AFAIK no new developer features have been added between SR9 and SR12. Mostly bug fixes, so you may still run into a bug on the server that is fixed in QlikView Server 11.20SR12.

But as Anand already mentioned, it's better to run the same release on both the server and the developer machines.

Peter

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you facing any issue?

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Better if you deploy on the latest version rather than lower version. It will create problem while if you have to run the qlikview patch may be your qlik application not give performance in this case.

Regards

Anand

swati_rastogi27
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi ,

Currently I do not have an option to upgrade my Server.. so should I use a lower version of Client to develop my applications?

Regards,

Swati

roland74
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, better to use the same release on the client and server. I have had very strange behavior (especially with pivots, e.g. out of memory) within the access point.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No. AFAIK no new developer features have been added between SR9 and SR12. Mostly bug fixes, so you may still run into a bug on the server that is fixed in QlikView Server 11.20SR12.

But as Anand already mentioned, it's better to run the same release on both the server and the developer machines.

Peter

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Weren't there some minor changes related to Direct Discovery?

May you live in interesting times!
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You mean Direct Discovery SubQueries? Indeed, I should have said "no major new developer features...".

But there is an item that may force you to change documents after the upgrade. A bug fix for wrong sort orders causes them to work as expected. The workaround now does the wrong thing. Fortunately, this bug has only been fixed in SR13.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I had no offence intended, Peter, so sorry if I did. I simply don't know in which of the SR's they changed / added stuff to Direct Discovery except for all of it being SR5 or higher.

Anyway, thanks for clearing this one up .

May you live in interesting times!
sunish_sultania
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Has anyone tried using Server version 12 with 11.2 clients?

We want to upgrade the server to version 12 , but couple of our developers will not be upgrading their windows to 64 bit. So, they still need to run 32 bit client for development.

Except for any new features, can our developers still use 11.2, 32 bit client, for development and deploy it on version 12 server?