Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Combo-chart and stacking married ;-)

Hi,

I just wanted to post this as a General Information to the Community: I had discovered this a while ago and just now I rediscovered it: It is possible to Combine the possibilities of adding both bars and lines to a Chart (-> combochart) and stacking (-> barchart).

I am not 100% sure where exactly the Switch is, but part of the secret is having two simultaneously active dimensions.

The dimension which you want to use to stack the parts of your first expression has to be the last one in the list of course.

(in this instance I have several dimensions as a "homebrew drilldown" Group (alternating) AND one more Dimension which is always active in Addition to one_of_those_others. That might be it).

If anyone knows more precisely just what makes that combination possible, please feel free to add to this. This combination unlocks a whole store of new charting_possibilities.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: The Limitation seems to be, I cannot add another formula as bar, only as a line or dots - when I try to add another formula and tick "bar", then QlikView apparently tries to stack the two expressions (instead of stacking the first Expression across one Dimension).

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

after some Trial-and-error I found this Video on YouTube.

Stacked Chart with Line Chart - YouTube

This seems to match what I had found out Ages ago, but forgotten in the meantime. Does not look too complicated.

I'll try it out - as I said, I have a "homebrew drilldown" (four alternating dimensions). I'll see if that works ...