Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data truncated on Access Point

Hi all

After uploading QV file to Access Point

I noticed some List boxes are empty or less data than expected.

Report is good on Desktop.

It has data reduction option based on section access.

What reason could be.

Thanks all

6 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Because it has 'It has data reduction option based on section access'

Colin-Albert

If your document has Section Access, you must give the QlikView Distribution Service account login permission to access all data in your section access script otherwise the server reload will not load all data.

Setting "Initial reduction on section access" is correct - this is what section access does, it removes data you do not have permission to see. The issue is that the user reloading the data musty have permission to see all data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrew

The problem is; The same report work good (as desired) on my local PC, but on Access Point it behave weired

On Access Point some List boxes populate less data or no data

Thanks

Colin-Albert

As my earlier post states this is because the server is reloading the data using the QDS service account not your account.

So although you have permission to the data, it does not get loaded because the service account does not have permissions in section access.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Colin

Thanks for helpful suggestion,

Now how do I tackle this issue ?

Could you send me your earlier post link please?

Thanks again for great help

Colin-Albert

You need to add  the NTNAME as a value in your section access table and include the service account as an ADMIN user.

see the correct answer in this thread   http://community.qlik.com/message/705267#705267