Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Gantt Chart

Hello all.

I am trying to create a simple Gantt chart using a horizontal stacked bar chart, but I am having some problems with the scale always starting from 1900 when more than one expression is used.

I have attached a QVW and a small Excel spreadsheet of data illustrating the problem. A more detailed explanation is in the QVW file.

If anyone has any ideas or manages to fix it that would be great!

Thanks
Thom.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Funny, I was just working on Gantt charts yesterday. I had the same issues you're dealing with, so I came up with a nice way to get it done.

I use the start date as the first expression and then set it to Invisible. This allowed me to remove the Bar Offset. I then used the Static Min to define where the chart should begin. It works pretty well, you'll just have to adjust your colors as the first invisible bar still uses up the first color.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Data source is attached

Not applicable
Author

Funny, I was just working on Gantt charts yesterday. I had the same issues you're dealing with, so I came up with a nice way to get it done.

I use the start date as the first expression and then set it to Invisible. This allowed me to remove the Bar Offset. I then used the Static Min to define where the chart should begin. It works pretty well, you'll just have to adjust your colors as the first invisible bar still uses up the first color.

Not applicable
Author

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks NMiller!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

were u able to create same chart which u have as a imgae in this qvw..third one.

Please let me know.and if it is done please send me sample application.

Thanks

Danzy

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

What you need to do is to change the Number format of the first expression (StartDate) to Date (MMM-YY). All expressions have to be in the same number format.

Kind regards,

Janusz Twardziak

Not applicable
Author

Hi All

As most of you here worked on Gantt Chart. Hope you guys can help me out.

I have installed QV10(Personal Edition) in my machine and also have installed the extension which is available in the extension folder of the installation folder.

But unfortunately I am not able to see the Gantt Chart in the Right Click(On the document) --> New object --> Chart --> Chart type.

Have any of you guys created Gantt Chart using Personal Edition? If yes please help me out for the same.

I want to create the Gantt chart using personal edition at the earliest.

Not applicable
Author

Switch to Webview mode -> new sheet object-> Extension objects and drag the "gantt" to your worksheet.

Not applicable
Author

Hi AldoDohle

Yes I have already got to know that. Forgot to update back here! 🙂

Many thanks for your time and help.

Lee_Matthews
Former Employee
Former Employee

I have been working on a dedicated QlikView Gantt Chart extension object that shows the task tree and lets the user expand & contract the tree. I have just posted a preliminary version of this here http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3427

It is working well with the sample data I built. However I would be keen for others to try it and provide feedback through community (as comments attached through the link provided) so I can resolve any bugs and add functionality that people actually want.