Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to add constraint to Cyclic Group?

I have one graph with three different views depending on how it's cycled through:

Hour (EST):

Expression- =Time(ConvertToLocalTime(Hour,'GMT+00:00'),'hh:mm')

Hour(IST):

Expression-=Time(ConvertToLocalTime(Hour,'GMT+09:30'),'hh:mm')

Hour (GMT):

Expression- =Time(ConvertToLocalTime(Hour,'GMT+04:00'),'hh:mm')

I need the graphs to show the following:

1. US working hour (EST) : Showing the graph for  US working hours (7:00am EST to 5:00pm EST)
  2. India working hour (IST): Showing the graph for India working hours (9:00am IST to 6:30pm IST)
  3. EMEA working hours (GMT): Showing the graph for EMEA working hours (8:00am GMT to 6:00pm GMT)

How can I enable these constraints?

18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I wasn't able to get that to work for me.

marcus_sommer

I did misunderstand what you want to do - not sorting was the issues you only wanted to display some hours and not all. This could be done with some if-condition like mentioned by Sergey.

But there is another issue within your excel-loading - without using a rounding-function you will get different fieldvalues for most of the numeric- and string-values. Within the app I replaced it with an autogenerate-load but your excel-loading should be look like (you might change the time-format again):

LOAD time(If(IsNum(Hour), floor(Hour, 1/24/60/60), floor(Time#(Hour, 'hh:mm'), 1/24/60/60)), 'hh:mm') as Hour

- Marcus

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Hi

A small correction all the time comes mostly in GMT so it should be like.

1. US working hour (EST) : Showing the graph for  US working hours (7:00am EST to 5:00pm EST)   GMT-04:30
  2. India working hour (IST): Showing the graph for India working hours (9:00am IST to 6:30pm IST)    GMT+5:30
  3. EMEA working hours (GMT): Showing the graph for EMEA working hours (8:00am GMT to 6:00pm GMT)  GMT +00:00

If your data is in est better convert it to GMT first.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

HI

PFA.  I have adjusted it to you to show only the required time. Please adjust the if condition to make it work with GMT or EST. IST IS GMT+05:30 AND not GMT+09:30 . Adjust it and and you are good to go. hopefully it will help you write the condition.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How can I account for Daylight Savings dynamically?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How can I account for Daylight Savings dynamically?

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

You can use a inline  table with region name starting_workhour, end_workhour and fill them as required and use these field in the if clause.

I thought the qvw will solve the problem anyway Hopefully it will solve your problem If satisfied close the thread or else feel free to ask.

Regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Hi

Did the qvw work for you?  Did you try the inline table idea I pitched. Let me know if you need any help.

Regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Pradosh,

The qvw did work for me- thank you!!! As of now, I'm using that solution. I may need to try out the inline table in the future, but for now the current qvw works.

thank you again for your help!

Best,

Karly