Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II

Is section access caused a slow data reload

Hi,

I have an application that has a number of tables and data size is also huge. It seems after applying the section access document is taking too much time to open in the access point.

My question is in this scenario is section access is the culprit.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Koshor, I think the key question is whether you are using dynamic data reduction field(s) in the Section Access table, I could see that potentially taking some time in a huge app to sort out the viewable table structure for the user etc...  In this case, if you have Publisher, you may want to look into maybe doing a Loop and Reduce/Distribute instead to break the large app into smaller versions per user or some other smaller unit of which then the Section Access will run more efficiently I would suspect.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

I haven't stop the time to compare open time but there should not be a difference.

But have you change the data model with additonal section access fields?

Regards

kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

There is no change in the data model.

But we have maintained users in external files and also maintaining reduction columns in the same file.

On top of that, in the section access table in the application, we are reloading those columns.

Thanks

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Koshor, I think the key question is whether you are using dynamic data reduction field(s) in the Section Access table, I could see that potentially taking some time in a huge app to sort out the viewable table structure for the user etc...  In this case, if you have Publisher, you may want to look into maybe doing a Loop and Reduce/Distribute instead to break the large app into smaller versions per user or some other smaller unit of which then the Section Access will run more efficiently I would suspect.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Hi Bertt

You seen to know how to solve the problem . I also face the same issue.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-QlikView/Case-0002-Why-loading-time-increase-3-time-after-add-s...

Hope you can take a look of above link.

Paul Yeo