cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help with max(date) logic

Hi There,

I have the following scenario:

I have a set of client data which is from different months. What i have as front-end are different charts,static tables and some filters.What i need to do is apply a logic that when a user selects a fiscal year I will have the latest results for their company and if they select a specific month they will get the latest data up until this month.

Sample Data:

Lets say that our Fiscal Year starts November

Fiscal YearClientMonthDateValue
FY14Bank of AmericaJanJan 10th10
FY14Bank of AmericaJanJan 15th9
FY14Bank of AmericaMarMar 10th8

What i want is when the user selects FY14 they will see the latest value for the Fiscal Year which is 8th and it was recorded on Mar the 10th.If they select Jan FY14, they will see the value of 9 which at this time was the latest value that they had. If they click on Mar... they will see the value of 8th. Any help will be widely appreciated.

Thanks!

13 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Create a Date field that has a numeric representation (e.g. using QV date interpretation functions):

Get the Dates Right

Then your expression to get the latest Value should just be

=FirstSortedValue( Value, -Date)

sunny_talwar

You can look for more on FirstSortedValue at this link: Value Associated with Min/Max Value of Another Field (Front End Solution)

Not applicable
Author

Hi There,

I need an aggregate of the Value as I have multiple responses.

So I might have for FY14 Jan three responses in the same date for the same customer that i will need to aggregate.

=FirstSortedValue( Value, -Date)

The "Value" here will be a SUM from the data.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like

=FirstSortedValue( Aggr( Sum(Value), Date), Aggr(-Date, Date) )

Not applicable
Author

Hi swuehl,

This worked but it is showing the value only for the latest date. How can i group the same thing but for multiple clients.

For Example

Client Id: 2    

Date: 21/08/2014

Value: 2

Client Id:3

Date: 21/08/2014

Value:5

Client Id:2

Date: 22/08/2014

Value:5

Total Value should be: Client ID 3 latest value plus Client ID 2 latest value = Total: 10

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like

=Sum( Aggr( FirstSortedValue( Aggr( Sum(Value), Client,  Date), Aggr(-Date, Client, Date) ), Client))

Not applicable
Author

When i tried what you mentioned above i got the value 0, changed it with count and it gives me the value for all dates not only for the latest. Here is the exact expression that I used:

=SUM( Aggr( FirstSortedValue( Aggr( SUM({$<NPS_Category = {'Promoter'}>}NPS_Category), organization_survey_respondent_id,  close_date_cal), Aggr(-close_date_cal, organization_survey_respondent_id, close_date_cal) ), organization_survey_respondent_id))

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you upload a small sample QVW or some sample input records?

Not applicable
Author

I hope that this helps. I much appreciate you looking into that.