Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ODBC Connection error

Hi Community,

Have recently updated QV Server from 11.0 SR2 to  11.2 SR15. everything is working fine.

But few QVW are connecting and able to fetch data from DB through ODBC connection. And few QVW's for the same DB's ODBC is not working. we are using 6.1 vertion of ODBC.

Is this issue arsing since we have QV server upgrade

or

QV 11.2 and ODBC versions compatibility issue ? Kindly need your expert advice.

ODBC.JPG

Thanks.

5 Replies
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Bob,

Can you check with Database team,why because some times Data base is not responding because of network issue.

so if you face this issue all the time you need to verify one more time and check your include statement for ODBC connection.

else IT help desk team will help to you to recognize log files for the database issue.

if possible remove ODBC and create the same ODBC connection one more time.may be it will helpful to you some times.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sai,

I have checked with DB team, server is fine. Data was fetching all these while. just after our server upgrade am facing this issue.

I have refreshed using the same QVW's in my Laptop (with older version qlikview V11 SR2) . it is working fine. only in server where I have upgraded to V11.2 SR15 is the problem.

Server OS is 64bit. QV server is 64bit and ODBC connection is also 64bit.

millan123
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Is that issue is belonging to some selected Qvw or any ??

Could you please recreate the ODBC connection in Qvw for all Qvw's

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Bob,

as per your reply ,i don't have any idea and may be this is a bug

try to check with qlik support team where your organisation buy this Qlik server license and also try to google bugs in for your version.

sorry for my help less hands.

Not applicable
Author

Found the cause of this.

Error.jpg