Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with Document Analyzer

Dear All,

I have downloaded document analyzer from following link

Search Recipes | Qlikview Cookbook

But it gives an error message i.e.'Failed to open the document "whenever I click on extract metadata .

Even if I have changed path of the document analyzed.

Please let me know ,If I missed something

Regards

Shweta Singh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Mark,

I've had that problem sometimes when the Qv Working directory won't reset after moving the DA qvw. It doesn't look like you have the current version of DA. Workarounds in order:

1. Download the latest DocAnalyzer (3.1)

2. Manually run the extract (Ctrl-m to open module editor, double-click "ProcessDocument" and then press the Test button.

3. Reload the script to get the QvWork dir reset. Open the script, add an  "Exit Script" as the first statement. Reload, then remove the Exit Script.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

View solution in original post

9 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

HI Shweta,

It works fine for me, and when you change the path did you cross check if it took the path you have given. Cos once it happened for me when I gave the path in edit expression it did not take the path it went to default path(Owner given path) visible in the step 1, when downloaded. Just give  the path and try and save it before you click metadata and check. I know you have made sure, still just cross check if that qvw file in the path you are specifying.

Let us know if it still doesnt work.

Regards,
V.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The "Extract Metadata" button is not available unless the file path is found, so it sounds like your file path is correct. A couple of other potential causes:

1. The file is protected by section access and you don't have permission.

2. You are using a QlikView Personal Edition license and the document you are trying to analyze is not PE.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shweta, I am facing the same problem with Document Analyser. Could you resolve the issue. If yes, how

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi TriptiGupta

Do you have license on your Desktop Qlikview ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Arjun,

I am using licensed version of Qlikview.

mla3eruva
Contributor III
Contributor III

Rob,

This is an old thread but closest to the issue that I'm having....I'm trying to run the Doc Analyzer, but the Extract Metadata button is showing as inactive.  I've verified the path by using the application launch button to the left of the input box.  I've saved and reopened the analyzer.  Macro security looks correct.  I have valid licenses.   I'm stumped by why I can't get the Analyzer to run.

Any ideas?  Thanks...

2016-08-09_13-10-49.jpg

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Mark,

I've had that problem sometimes when the Qv Working directory won't reset after moving the DA qvw. It doesn't look like you have the current version of DA. Workarounds in order:

1. Download the latest DocAnalyzer (3.1)

2. Manually run the extract (Ctrl-m to open module editor, double-click "ProcessDocument" and then press the Test button.

3. Reload the script to get the QvWork dir reset. Open the script, add an  "Exit Script" as the first statement. Reload, then remove the Exit Script.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

mla3eruva
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks - that did it.  Appreciate the quick response and the great tools!

praveenvinnakota
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Rob,

I am new to qlikview. Is there a way to see the calctime for expressions? or any utility or tool to check the performance of the expressions which are in qvw file? 

I tried Document Analyser, for objects I see the calctime but not for expressions. 

Do we have this feature in Document Analyser?

Thanks,

Praveen.