Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2020: Join us May 11 - 14, 2020 in Phoenix, AZ. Register early and save $400. Learn More
Highlighted
rdsuperlike
Contributor

Rank/ Aggr for Pivot table to get top 5

I want Top 5 fruits for 2016 and 2017 to be listed in the uploaded qvw.  If Top 5 of both year is not possible then I want top 5 fruits by 2017

I tried using dimensions limit by making it straight table. But then when i try to move the Fiscal year to the top column by moving blue arrow I cant. So I used pivot table, but in pivot table the dimension limits go away.

I think I need to use aggr function with rank function, but not sure how.

Can someone help me here?

Thanks once again

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Rank/ Aggr for Pivot table to get top 5

Use expression:

=If(Rank(Count({<FY = {2016,2017}>} [Customer ID]), 1, 1) < 5, Count({<FY = {2016,2017}>} [Customer ID]))

Dimensions:

Fruits (vertical)

FY (horizontal)

Capture.PNG

You get more than 5 values because of the ties - for example the 3 instances of value 2 in 2016 are all Rank 4.

PS - I replaced the calculated dimension with the field FY and used the set expression to filter the years,

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

14 Replies
vinieme12
Esteemed Contributor II

TRY

=if(aggr(rank(Count(Fruits),1,1),Fruits)<=5,Fruits)

MVP
MVP

Use expression:

=If(Rank(Count({<FY = {2016,2017}>} [Customer ID]), 1, 1) < 5, Count({<FY = {2016,2017}>} [Customer ID]))

Dimensions:

Fruits (vertical)

FY (horizontal)

Capture.PNG

You get more than 5 values because of the ties - for example the 3 instances of value 2 in 2016 are all Rank 4.

PS - I replaced the calculated dimension with the field FY and used the set expression to filter the years,

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

stabben23
Honored Contributor

if(num(aggr(Rank(Count({<FY={'2017'}>}[Customer ID])),Fruits)<=5),Count({<FY={'2017'}>}[Customer ID]))

if(num(aggr(Rank(Count({<FY={'2016'}>}[Customer ID])),Fruits)<=5),Count({<FY={'2016'}>}[Customer ID]))

Hi, try above, Remove FY from Dimensions, add 2 expressions, one for each year 2016 and 2017.

This is very much hardcoded, but you can change the year against variables instead.

rdsuperlike
Contributor

this looks good but how do I use suppress nulls. I clicked on suppress null checkbox but still see this

Ranktest.png

Check 'Suppress Zero Values' on dimensions tab

rdsuperlike
Contributor

already tried that..doesnt work

Do you have more than one expression? I don't see why it should not suppress those if you have Suppress Zero Values on presentation tab checked if you only have one expression?

Do you see this when you open the attached file?

Capture.PNG

Update: Used Jonathan's expression

rdsuperlike
Contributor

Ranktest_2.png

I see as above why?

I opened the qvw that u had attcahed in your reply