Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ravindraa
Creator
Creator

Real time data

Hi all,

I need small clarification on real time data processing , i m new to this topic , how we can do in qlikview what are the steps we have to follow to get real time data.

kindly give me any suggestion.

Thanks & Regard

Ravi

6 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Search forum as there are many topics on this subject

Check here as well:

livingqlikview.com/real-time-data-a-direct-discovery-use-case/

Feeling Qlikngry?

How To /Missing Manual(23 articles)

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

QlikView is not really designed to do real-time data analysis. Direct Discovery may provide a solution for most simple instant queries and/or calculations. But you'll have to live with the limitations.

You'll get less generic replies if you provide a few more details.

Best,

Peter

ravindraa
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Experts,

I am unable to get whether qlikview support Real time data or Direct Discovery feature , i red many threads some threads says support real time data some threads says Direct Discovery feature,

Could any one help me what is the difference between those and which one support Qlikview

Thank In advance...

tresesco
MVP
MVP

ravindraa a wrote:

I am unable to get whether qlikview support Real time data or Direct Discovery feature ...

The question itself is not very meaningful one. QlikView supports real time data and Data Discovery is the process to achieve that. Hope this helps.

loke2014
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ravindraa,

I don't think Qlikview can be in real time as this will involve pulling the data from the data source frequently and refresh/stored it in the RAM. There will always be some time elapsed.

Qlikview has a direct discovery feature where it can associate data already loaded in the RAM with another data sources. In other words, you can drill down to the details across different data sources which is not loaded in memory.

ravindraa
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Tresesco,

Sorry for what i wrote,

thanks for given clarification ...