Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Removal of bold line from pivot table

Hi All,

I have a pivot table having 2 dimensions and 1 expression. I have transposed 1 dimension from row to column (drag and drop) which is resulting into a L shape bold line in the pivot table. I am able to remove horizontal bold line by unchecking 'vertical dimension cell borders' check box in style tab in properties. But I am not able to remove the vertical line.

Please help. This is very urgent.

Thanks,

Kirti

12 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Can you post a screenshot?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please see below the attached image of pivot table. Red encircled bold line needs to removed.

vertical_bold_line.JPG

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Kirti,

Did you try using the custom format cell? Enable it in the Settings menu, User Preferences, Design tab, "Always Show Design Menu Items".

Right click on that area of the chart and set the background and borders as you want.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for giving solution but we have already tried that. Removing borders from 'Custom format cell' after enabling design grid is not removing that bold line.

Please let us know if anything else can be done.

Thanks,

Kirti

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Kirti,

Go to the chart Properties, Style tab, and uncheck "Vertical Dimension Cell Borders" and "Vertical Expresion Cell Borders". Play with that until you get the expected result.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks

But we have already played with these two check boxes but problem is that unchecking them is remving borders from the data as well, we need to remove borders only from headers.

Please let me know if anything else can be done.

Thanks,

Kirti

subin6600
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Firstly you need to select an option under Settings> User Preferences and select the check box shown in the screenshot

nogap.JPG

Then right click on the cells you need to change and select Custom Format Cell and change accordingly to what you require as shown below.

nogap.JPG

Hope this would help splve your problem.

BR/Subin

Not applicable
Author

I have tried it, removing border from custom format cell is not removing bold line. I guess this is because of transpose of dimensions though I am not sure.

Please let me know if anything else can be done.

Thanks,

Kirti

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

use a text box to cover it ( not an ideal way to do)

and in style -> current style select clean